LOW POWER MODE
Low power mode is activated when GaugerGSM is electrically fed by GaugerBAT and PTS. In this mode, system follows four steps:
- PTS keeps GaugerGSM "OFF" for a sleeping-interval of time
- When sleeping-interval is over, PTS turns GaugerGSM to "ON"
- GaugerGSM takes measurements and transmits data
- PTS turns GuagerGSM to "OFF"
LOW POWER MODETwo variants are supported:
- Three pre-configured sleeping time intervals. Interval depends on level. Typically, long sleeping interval (e.g. 4 hours) for low levels, shorter interval (e.g. 30 minutes) at mid levels and short intervals (3 minutes) at high measured level.
- Same as above for measurement but data is logged (up to 200 points) and transmitted in one burst.
LOW POWER MODE
- Main advantage for using low power mode - extending battery life-time. In this mode real time alerts are not supported. Settings of sleeping-intervals are defined by a USB command LPST.
With a 4-cell GaugerBAT holding TL-5930 batteries, sleeping time interval of one hour, SMS based operation and good cellular network coverage - 2 years of operation can be expected before battery replacement.
GaugerBAT is a battery pack certified for use in hazardous (explosive atmosphere) locations. Pack is designed to power equipment in locations where a power is not available. Equipment comprises two interconnected parts: Battery enclosure containing 3 or 4 LiSOCl2 cells and protecting circuit (PTS).
Dimension of the battery enclosure are 8(h) x 16 x 14 cm3. Nominal voltage of 10.8V or 14.4V and capacity of 19AH. Required batter cell is Tadiran TL-5930.
- ATEX/IECEX: Ex II 2G, Ex ib IIB T3 (162°C) Gb, Ta=-30°C to +70°C. MUST be used with Tadiran cells TL-5930.
- Battery enclosure must be connected to equipment via PTS. Capacitance/inductance of equipment are restricted.
Allowed for use in ATEX zones 1 or zone 2 (IS). Download and carefully read ATEX / IECExCERTIFICATIONS for GaugerBAT!